Thursday, July 21, 2011

HOT HOT HOT!!!



Last week we had a pretty busy week. I actually had to work! :) Well, I had orientation for Allina (which is the health system that is over Owatonna Hospital) 3 days in Minneapolis (Monday-Wednesday) Then on Friday, I was at the hospital getting an idea of what I'll be doing by following the other therapist around. Lance had a midterm exam. He did great, made a 89 on it…way to go bud!!

Saturday, while Lance played golf, we went shopping. We went to the outlets. Nowhere near as big as Tanger in Pigeon Forge, but has all the essentials: Gap, Old Navy, Gymboree, Children’s Place, Carter’s, and some others. I had some coupons and there were some great sales going on. I found Ansley some warmer weather clothes…18months seems soooo big!

Sunday we went to church. I think we have found one we really like. It doesn’t come close to Dutch Valley :), but it will work as an alternative. After church we went over to Jennifer and Andrew’s to watch the World Cup soccer game. Not sure if we will ever get invited back, we all feel asleep during the game!

 After the game, we decided to try out River Springs Water Park, the local water park. It isn’t huge, but it has a great kids area with a zero entry pool. There is also a small kiddie slide, that Ansley LOVED! They also have a couple of water fountains that shoot out of the ground that she liked.
(this is part of the water park)

This past week it has been super HOT! The heat index has been around 105-117! This weekend it is supposed to be a lil cooler and not as humid with highs in the mid 80’s.
 (This was taken from Lance's phone one day last week)

I had another day of orientation Tuesday. This time it was in St. Paul. Then on Wednesday I had an interview with St. Lucas Care Center. http://local-nursing-homes.com/nursinghome.cfm?detail=general&home=st-lucas-care-center&provNum=245067 This is a nursing home in Fairbault (about 25mins North of us). I got the job on the spot! All they need is a respiratory therapist to work 8hours a week, with the chance to pick up more hours if wanted. They are actually paying me more than the hospital and I can work my 8 hours when I want. If I wanna work it all in one day I can or if I want to work it in 2 days I can and I can also work in the evenings when Lance gets out of school/work. As far as Lance this week, things seem to be a little calmer and slower now that his midterm is over. Instead of having numerous tests throughout the week, he will only have one for the most part.

Enough about us, I know you really want to know how Ansley is doing!

She is into anything and everything! She has always been very vocal, but lately she will repeat absolutely anything! She loves to sing‘itsy bitsy spider’ and we are working on ‘Jesus loves me’. She loves to eat blueberries and watermelon and she isn’t liking ‘nanas’ as much right now. She still loves her bay-bee, we don’t go too many places without it. One of her new words is stuck. If she can’t get something she says ‘stuck’. She loves hide-n-go-seek. As long as you can’t see her eyes, then she is hiding!

Only about 4more weeks til our visit home! Continue to pray for us and our adventure!
We love and miss you guys!


2 comments: