Monday, October 3, 2011

The past couple of weeks...

I know I'm behind...

Sorry I haven't posted a new blog in a little bit, but I've actually been busy. I've actually had to work! I am working more at the hospital, which is good for our flights home! :) Here is a little of what we have been up to lately.

Lets see, one evening we went to a fall festival at the University of Minnesota Research Center in Waseca. This was during the cold spell so it was pretty chilly.
We went for a tractor ride.
We got to meet Goldy the Gopher, who Ansley didn't care for at all!

 
Lance has been playing softball with Federated. Well, he has been coaching since he has been in his boot for most of the season. Ansley loves watching the games and it doesn't hurt that most of the time, the field is next to a playground!!
(This pic is from earlier in the season)
This is Ansley with her friends, Parker and Aria
Here is Ansley all bundled up at one of the softball games

The weather here has been crazy lately. A couple weeks ago we had a FREEZE warning! Not a frost advisory or a freeze watch, but a FREEZE WARNING! It was 28F one morning when Lance went to work! CRAZY!
               

Not even the cold will keep this little girl from swinging
or keep her from sliding!

What else have we been into....
Of course, cheering on the VOLS!


We even got an awesome UT care package from Mimi and PJoe!

 
We got to babysit Parker for a little bit one day!
I was thinking...I can do this, I think I can handle two, it isn't that bad...then Parker started crying and then Ansley wasn't happy that I wasn't paying enough attention to just her...then I started thinking, nope I think I'm good with just the one for right now!!! :)


 
I feel like Ansley has grown up so much recently! I know I'm a little partial to her, but she is a smart kid! (We will have her 18month check up by Dr. James when we go home next.)

she loves doing things by herself....
like putting on her own shoes :)
She also loves to help...
especially with the dishes!

Ansley repeats anything and everything! Her favorite thing to say right now is "hold you". She says this when she wants to be picked up/held. She got this from when I would ask her if she wanted me to hold her! She has been going to a daycare a couple of times. The first time we dropped her off I think both me and Lance cried more than she did! :) She cries for just a little bit when we first drop her off, but then she is fine and has a good time. Ansley started swim lessons last week. I wasn't able to make it to the first one because I had to be in the cities for training, but Lance said she did good and they had fun! Her lessons are every Monday for 8 weeks. She will be ready for Norris Lake next year!!!

Like I said before the weather is crazy....this past weekend it was actually warmer here than back home! Lance and Ansley took advantage of the nice weather and went to the park while I worked all weekend....
It is supposed to be in the 80's and beautiful all week!
Like Lance said, this is the calm before the storm cause we know the cold weather is coming!!!
These pics were taken around Owatonna...BEAUTIFUL!!!

Continue to pray for us and our adventure!
Only 26 more days til we come home!!!!
We love and miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment