Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ansley's First Dance

Last week was busy for me I had to work Monday the 25th –Wednesday 27th from 7-3:30 at the hospital. While I was at work, one of the other Federated wives, Meagan, came over and watched Ansley. I survived work so on Thursday me and Ansley went to some garage sales. Yep-I found her a baby stroller AND a UT cheerleader bear! Best $1 I've spent in a long time! :)

After our great garage sale finds we went downtown where they were having the Owatonna Crazy Days, which is a 5 day festival. They had some food vendors set up along with a sidewalk sale. Pretty much all the stores downtown put out their junk, but me and Ansley meet up with our friend Allison and her lil guy Parker and browsed around. (I know I don't talk about what Lance does during the week because I have a hard enough time remembering what all I've done, much less what Lance has been into! Sorry, I'll try and do better!!)

Friday after Lance got done with work we went back downtown to the Hog Roast and Street Dance. There was a really good band playing and the BBQ was good. We had fun at the dance, but Ansley had a blast!! She even meet her a little friend who took her to dance! LOL! It was so cute! The little boy wasn’t much older than Ansley, but he led her to the dance floor! Ansley wasn’t much of a date; she didn’t even get the little boy’s name! :)




Here is a great video of Ansley dancing by herself. Lance says she dances just like her momma…I’ll let you decide!
 (PS-I promise she is okay from her wipe out at the end of the video!)

Saturday we went back downtown. They had the Festival of the Arts going on along with the Farmers Market. There were a lot of photography and jewelry vendors.
After eating a healthy lunch of Pronto Pups (corn dogs) and cheese curds (the north’s version of cheese sticks) we decided to drive to Mankato which is around 45min to an hour away from Owatonna. So not a bad trip and Ansley napped the whole drive. We didn’t really have any plans we were just going by the seat of our pants, which wasn’t a good idea. Once we got into Mankato we stopped at a store to ask what we should do and they weren’t very helpful. I guess local people don’t think there is a lot to see in Mankato other than the Vikings training camp so we didn’t stay very long, but we did see a crop duster plane during the trip, which was neat. We are planning on going back to Mankato this weekend; they actually have some things going on. I’ll let you know how this trip turns out! Once we got back, Lance went and played golf, while me and Ansley went to the pool!!

Sunday, Ansley had her first play date, but I’ll talk about that in my next post!


Only 17 days till our visit home! Continue to pray for us and our adventure!
We love and miss you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment