Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The newest addition to the family

I know I haven't updated my blog in a little while cause things are crazy around here....


Let me explain, about two weeks ago Lance went and played basketball with some of his coworkers. When he got home he told me his knee hurt and he thought he just tweaked it. He said he doesn't remember doing one certain thing to hurt it, like he didn't hit anything or recall doing anything that automatically caused pain. The next day he said it was hurting worse and that even the outside of his knee was now hurting and it was continuing to get worse. He finally had one of the athletic trainers, that work for Federated, look at it and told him he probably tore his meniscus and/or MCL sprain. He got Lance a referral to get a MRI. As soon as he got out of the MRI the radiologist told him he has a fractured fibula and that the fracture is close to where the head of the fibula meets the knee. The only good thing is that the fibula is a non-weight bearing bone. The bad thing is that Lance walked around with a fractured fibula for a week! Lance will be in this walking boot for about 4-5 weeks at least. He says that even using the walking boot, it is still very painful. He walks at about the speed that Ansley does, so they make a good pair right now! This will definitely make our trip home even more interesting! Now you all know why I haven't blogged in a little while, I have my hands full with 'two kids' now! :)

1 comment: